Lace is expecting her first baby soon and we wanted to throw a brunch to celebrate her soon-to-arrive baby girl! Can you guess what this is?

I painted a canvas gray and added some paper cutout decorations with spray adhesive. We also used the cricut to cut out the vinyl words we put on the glass. We made the pink paper hydrangea pomander’s using this tutorial: Make a flower ball

Here’s how the whole door looked

Here’s how the table was looking mid-decorating. This was before we added the lanterns around the chandelier.

Then we added the collage of lanterns. We used tissue paper poms, pink lanterns, tulle poms, and tissue paper circle lanterns:

Here’s how the completed table setting looked from a few different angles:

We had strawberry cake pops with white, vanilla frosting and just kept them simple and classic. The guests also got to take home homemade hot chocolate as a favor.

We ate Strawberry Mousse as well:

The guests also got to take home a package of chocolate buttons that we made. I created and printed the labels Vintage Baby Buttons for the packages and while I wasn’t able to get any actual vintage button candy molds (love those!), I made do with a couple of molds I found at hobby lobby. I also added some grape and cherry flavoring to the different colors.

We had a great time at the celebration and we can’t wait to meet the new baby girl soon!!

15 Responses to A hint of pink…

1. Jeanne says:

Great party! I wish I was invited! :)

2. June Scott says:

What a beautiful party, Linden! I’m sure your friend was very blessed by all your efforts! Thanks for sharing!

3. amy says:

What a great looking party! The lanterns are my fave part! I’d be thrilled if you’d share this at my ‘think pink’ party!

4. Leslie says:

How adorable! I love how you show the effect of all the different layers of your design (tulle, then pom poms/lanterns then branches)

5. Peggy Banks says:

Love it! Please post this, and anything else you may have,in my link party at

Thanks,

Peggy

6. glamourpuss says:

Just a precious party! I love it all, and especially drooling over those strawberry mousse cups!! :D

7. jamie says:

what an adorable shower! that strawberry mousse looks yummy!!!

8. Jenna says:

Love the entire table setting. What a lovely baby shower!

9. Wow! Super cute! I love this.

10. bravo! how gorgeous with the white lights and tulle!

visiting from romantic home and want to invite you over to my shabby chic giveaway:

warmly.

michele

11. Marilyn says:

This is SUCH a lovely party, wow, so cute.. I would LOVE for you to share it at Project Pink Blog Day today please… SO creative and cute.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/project-p-i-n-k-countdown.html

12. Jennifer says:

Sooooo pretty! Coming from Project Pink!

13. Is that door just for decoration or is it actually hinged? Also, I was wondering if you have any more posts with other ways you have decorated the door??

• linden says:

Hi there! The door is just for decoration – somebody was throwing it out and we just had to save it! This is the only post on our blog that has the door decorated. We use it as a display at crafter shows, etc so it currently has our “Linden & Lace” logo in the window. But we plan on sprucing it up for Easter too so stay tuned :)

14. Mari says:

Could you tell me what you used to hold lights and tulle?