Pottery Barn’s Lazy Susan: My Version: I’ve been thinking about getting a lazy susan for our table… and I’ve seen some out there that I really like! I liked this Pottery Barn lazy susan, but I didn’t love it’s $99 price tag. iphone 6 case 360 silicone We were in Ikea a couple of weeks ago and I spotted their lazy susan for $7 or so. apple case for iphone 7 plus I bought it and planned to refinish it with a more rustic and distressed look. torro cases iphone 8 plus So here’s what I started with: I sanded off the clear coat of varnish and used some Minwax Stain in the color of Ebony that my husband had in our garage. I only did one coat and liked how the color of the wood was still quite varied. silicone iphone 7 case glitter So that was all it took! Then I used my cricut to cut a tree silhouette out on black vinyl. I bought the 4 feet of vinyl for $5.98 and only used 1 foot of the vinyl. I peeled off the tree and applied it to the stained lazy susan. I then traced around the image with a black permanent marker. phone case for iphone 7 pink After tracing the image, I pulled off the vinyl and filled in the rest of the shape with the marker. bunny iphone 8 case I then added some slight silver accents with paint and the wording “Grateful for Simple Blessings” across the bottom. I just have to add clear coat.

Tagged with:

14 Responses to Pottery Barn inspired project

1. chie says:

First timer here, but, Lady! I do love your ideas. How fun was that?

The largest IKEA in the world is just a 5mins away from where I live. As an Asian-Swedish citizen §:-) I am loving their ideas. Affordable.

TY a mill for sharing the smart ideas.

Greetings from Stockholm,
    /chie

• linden says:

Thank you very much! Ikea is a fun place to shop – I wish we lived 5 minutes from one! But, alas, the closest store to us is a 9 hour drive. Thank you for your encouragement! ~Linden

• Emebet says:

I love all of your projects! And I would LOOOVEE to have $100 to spend at Pottery Barn. It would plbraboy go to a new lampshade (because the one I have now is hideous and I accidentally set it on fire just a little bit.)and I would want to find something to help cover up my hides handed down couch that the previous owner’s cat totally destroyed. It’s leather and the sides are trashed, along with several lovely claw marks on each seat cushion! Sale items are always fun too.

2. Beautiful re-do at a fantastic price!!
    Creative hugs ~ Kerryanne

3. Lisa says:

That looks beautiful. You should submit it to the IKEA Hackers site. http://www.ikeahackers.net/

4. Mandy says:

this is awesome!! I’d love it if you would share this at my link party http://www.projectqueen.org
    I’m your newest follower.

• linden says:

Wow – thank you very much for your kind words and the link to your link party, Mandy!! Your followers have posted such great ideas on your link party – love them!

5. I love this idea and I’d love to feature it next week on Thrifty Thursday! Thanks so much for linking! :)

6. vanessa says:

how did you do the phrase? by hand? circut?

7. Wow…how creative and cute. I would like to feature this creative idea in my newly formed blog coming Thursday….looks so pretty!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Please check http://isawiheardisaid.blogspot.com

8. Amy says:

where did you find the tree stencil?